cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butter Boards are all the rage...Check out my "better 4 U" Mediterranean Butter Board!

TheRecipeDoctor
Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian
Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian

ButterBoard.jpg

Mediterranean Butter Board

Makes about 8 appetizer servings

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes

1 head garlic, skins removed (about 20 cloves)

2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whipped butter, room temperature

Black pepper to your preference

1/3 cup Primo Taglio shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, more if desired

About 10 kalamata olives, halved (or green olives)

About 10 fresh basil leaves, rinsed and dried

13-ounce loaf Signature SELECT Artisan Heritage Grain Bread

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Add tomatoes, garlic cloves and olive oil to a baking dish (about 7 x 11-inches) and toss together well. Cover dish with foil and bake about 30 minutes. Remove foil, gently toss, and bake 10 minutes more; let cool.
  2. To assemble the butter board, spread the butter in the center of your board. Sprinkle black pepper over the butter. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of shredded or grated Parmesan cheese over the butter then spoon the roasted tomato/garlic mixture evenly over the butter mixture and drizzle the oil drippings evenly on top.
  3. Garnish the butter board with kalamata olives and basil leaves then top with additional Parmesan if desired.
  4. Serve with sliced Signature SELECT Artisan Heritage Grain Bread!
4 REPLIES 4

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

I ADORE charcuterie boards so I make a lot of 'em, while simple, this one is beautiful! ❤️

TheRecipeDoctor
Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian

Why thank you NoshwithNancy! I loved all the colors and savory flavors coming through too.

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

I honestly don't get the appeal of these. Don't get me wrong, I love butter, no margarine in my house, and I buy grass-fed butters and imported butters all the time. When I was growing up, the most common finger sandwiches served at various events were slices of baguette spread with butter and covered with a slice of ham and a slice of cucumber - I could eat a dozen.  But much as I love butter, this just does not appeal to me. 

TheRecipeDoctor

I totally get that! that's why I made this one more "other flavorful items" and less "butter" and it's along the lines of a high veggie garlic bread type of appetizer! I tested it out on a few friends and they all LOVED it so hopefully this took the butter board craze in a good direction : )