Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luscious Lemon Curd

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

IMG_5038.png

When I was a little girl, every once in a while, my mother would treat herself to commercially made lemon curd that she would find in a pale, beige crock that had been imported from England. Truly, my mum absolutely loved lemon curd, and I believe she would've eaten it every day had she had the opportunity.

IMG_5039.png

It wasn't until I was in my thirties that I finally tried my hand it, because all during my childhood she kept telling me how difficult it was to make. WRONG! Turns out, lemon curd is one of the easiest things in the world to make and it only uses four ingredients (I'm counting the zest and lemon juice as one).

I only wish I'd known how easy it was to make before she died, because I would have treated her to it frequently. Ah well, such is life. I can't change the past, but I if you're a fan of lemon curd and have resisted making it, thinking it was too difficult, please don't hesitate to give it a try, I would hate for you to be deprived when it's so simple to make!

IMG_5040.png

Ingredients:

6 Egg Yolks

1 cup Sugar

1/2 cup Lemon Juice

8 oz Butter, cubed

Zest 1 Lemon

Note the thickness of the curdNote the thickness of the curd

Instructions:

-Squeeze the lemons, takes about 4-6 large lemons.

-Separate the eggs.

-In a pot, add the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice. and using a whisk, stir the mixture constantly over low heat until it's thickened to the point where it sticks to the spoon.

-Once the mixture is at the desired consistency, remove it from heat and add the butter and lemon zest, stirring until the butter has completely melted and is worked through the body of the curd.

-Let the mixture cool, stirring occasionally to let out the steam.

-Refrigerate.

Note: While you're in the cooking phase of the mixture, you really do have to stir constantly (not frantically) or you'll end up with little lumps of cooked Egg Yolk in what would otherwise be a lovely, creamy blend. Trust me, I know from experience.

Bon Appétit, Life is Good...

0 REPLIES 0