cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New year - new diet

Megs-n-Cheese
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have heard 91% of people fail to keep their New Year’s resolution…but I’m proud to share I am on day six of a detox - here is what I made my husband and I for lunch today. Clean eating! What are y’all eating in 2023?36846C29-6F75-4B56-9DFB-A7A926D6D64F.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

Well, today I had cold cereal for breakfast, as it has a lot of iron, and I learned I am a bit anemic. Lasagna for lunch, and melted cheese on rye bread and salad with raspberry vinaigrette for dinner.  I don't make any resolutions tied to NY, but I am concentrating on not overbuying foodstuffs, even if they are a real bargain  - anything you cannot use in a timely fashion is wasted money. I also need to use up foods in the freezer.

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on making it this far! I'm trying to get over a lingering respiratory infection, so focusing on eating healthy/er, but will focus on more meal-prepping and cooking healthy recipes at home once I'm out of the woods. I'll be checking out a lot of the recommendations in the community, so will follow what others are doing for advice and inspiration!

passthesauce
Junior Chef V [Associate]
Junior Chef V [Associate]

How are things going for you @Megs-n-Cheese

I have never been one for NY resolutions but I am continuing to try to get to the gym for at least 3 workouts per week. One other thing I am trying to do is eat more plant based - thank goodness there are some pretty amazing plant based recipes out there!

Here's one of my faves:

https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/thai-style-tofu-salad-carrots-peanuts-green-curry-dressin...