cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years Resolution Foods -Yum!

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Lots of delicious roasted veggies!Lots of delicious roasted veggies!

It's now three weeks after New Years and I've lost almost 20 lbs.

You see, January 3rd I changed my diet. There's no way I'm ever gonna do things January first because I always host a New Years Day brunch, and because I have no idea how to cook in small amounts, I always have left overs, so there is also no way I'm going to do things like change my diet on January 2nd. This year I decided that it's high time to once again have a waist line and not a circumference, and with that imagery I am able to stay strong.

"Dieting" is one of those words that brings terror to the hearts of many, including me.  To begin with the first three letters in the word diet are "die", which for a foodie is exactly what it feels like when we are deprived of the very thing we love most (other than our families of course). Then there is the fact that I love to cook. And the good news/bad news is that I am a very good cook. The bad news (for me) is that a lot of so called 'diet foods' are about as appealing as cardboard box.  And so I'm making it my business to come up with foods that I actually enjoy and are satisfying so they'll help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Below are photos of a large batch of veggies I roasted that were very flavorful and satisfying!

IMG_6643.jpeg

Bon Appétit, Life is Good... ❤️

Ingredients

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Carrots

Onions

Olive Oil

Smoked Paprika

Granulated Garlic

Onion Powder

Black Pepper

Kosher Salt

Instructions

I used a whole head of cauliflower and 2 medium sized heads of broccoli, a couple of carrots and 2 large onions.  I rinsed what needed to be rinsed, cut, chopped, diced it all up, put the veggies in a large bowl, poured a little olive oil over the them and mixed it around with my hands.

Then I added the seasonings. Several pinches of salt, plenty of garlic granules, some smoked paprika and black pepper and stirred that around as well.

I put them all in a large pan and put them in the oven at 400º and let them roast about 45 minutes, mixing them once half way through.

The scent of them cooking was a treat for the senses and so as soon as I took the tray out of the oven, I ate some of it immediately!  The good news is, not only did it smell good it was very flavorful and satisfying!  I put the rest of it in the fridge to mix with either chicken or pork and take it for lunch a couple of days -and can I just say, everybody who was either in the break room or walking by commented both on how good it both smelled and looked!

4 REPLIES 4

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

I like to use leftover roasted veggies to make a frittata. I make them in my rice cooker - just add the veggies and pour beaten egg over it. I turn it on, and by the time I've showered and whatever, I have a yummy frittata and just have to wipe clean the rice cooker bowl.  And congratulations on your progress, 20 lbs, woo!

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Thank you @Dulke, and that sounds terrific!  SO many delicious and creative ways to use roasted veggies! ❤️

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on losing weight and eating healthy-and eating well. I'm going to turn my focus to eating healthier in 2023 and see lots of great inspiration from the community!

Thank you @SnacksNSneakers Dearie, it's amazing how much better I feel though Interestingly, I felt fine the time! ❤️