cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Night Charcuterie #1

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Friday night is my favorite night of the week, a sentiment I'm sure so most of you understand. For me, I love how relaxed and comfortable it feels. The whole weekend ahead of you, it's the perfect time to settle in and really relax -be it with your family, friends or by yourself.

And sitting down with a mini charcuterie, your favorite beverage, good conversation or a great book, as you let the stresses of the week melt away, sounds like a slice of heaven to me!

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope you're doing it with good food and enjoying yourself.

Happy Friday...

IMG_4415.png

This is a simple charcuterie; with slices of red and yellow peppers, Margherita brand hard salami (which I like because it's a little smoky in flavor) Galbani provolone (I like this paired with the hard salami because it's very mild and the flavors don't compete, rather they compliment one another), cherries, roasted garlic Triscuits, Chaverie sun-dried tomato and garlic chevre, Cabot seriously sharp cheddar, plain Water Crackers and O. Organics original hummus in the center.

1 REPLY 1

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

We used to just call these cheese plates or snack plates or just snacks with a glass of wine. I often make this type of dish - though nowhere near as elaborate - instead of dinner. WIth a glass of wine it's relaxing. When you're single (or even a couple), you can only stuff so much for a reasonable repast! I used to like having crackers or baguette slices, some prosciutto, some brie, some goat cheese or blue cheese, and some fruit.