cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grilled Philly Cheese Steak with Peppers and Onions

CapnKidd_on_Cape_Cod
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

I grill everything and after playing at the beach or hiking trails all day sometimes I want a quick easy meal like a big juicy Cheese Steak sandwich! I have cooked cheese steaks many ways on the grill, but this is my favorite. 

I like using a grilling pan for this cook as I can still get good smokey flavor in the veggies and meat. 

First, get that pan and grill HOT while you slice up your peppers and onions. Then enjoy a beer cause it's been long day. 

20220708_171357.jpg

Next grill up those onions for a couple minutes before you add your peppers if you like a bit of caramelization on them. 

20220708_173158.jpg

Layer some hoagie buns with provolone in a foil pan, move your onions and peppers to your bun, and then toss in your sliced meat to your grilling pan. 

20220708_173912.jpg

Season your meat with your favorite spices, put your foil pan of hoagies in the grill and let the cheese start melting.

20220708_174122.jpg

Move your cooked meat to your buns, cover with foil and put back on grill for a few more minutes to let all the flavors mix together. 

20220708_174949.jpg

To top off I will make up some Au Jus to dip in as well, makes a fantastic dinner. 

I hope you enjoy and let me know how yours turns out. 

20220708_175530.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

I need to use our grill more often-you've inspired me!

CapnKidd_on_Cape_Cod
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

thank you! Mine is a Pit Boss from Lowes - This smoker/grill has upped my BBQ game 10-fold. It is very versatile, Can cook anything on it. You can do long smokes like a pork roast for shredded pork, or medium long smokes like Ribs, or Tri-Tips, or quick fast grilling like Steaks and burgers. I have made potatoes many ways, numerous other items, Keep watching, I will post more. 

Kimbe
Taster
Taster

Yummy.

AndrewEatsEverything
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

This looks amazing. As a cheesesteak enthusiast, I'll have to give this a go!