Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan B

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

IMG_4654.png

"What's for supper?" is the question every parent in charge of food hears, every. single. day.  Thankfully, I love to cook. I enjoy the creativity of putting various and sundry ingredients together -some innovative, others tried and true. I delight in the way my kitchen smells as a dish is heating up -either on the stove top or in the oven. And of course, it does my heart good, when my family appreciates the time and effort I've put into preparing a good meal. To be clear, they don't really appreciate the time and effort, but they do appreciate the end result.

And while all that is true, there are those other nights, when, try as I might, plans go awry and things just don't come together as I'd intended. Those are the nights I'm very thankful when I can (easily) come up with a plan "B". Last night was one of those nights.

IMG_4655.png

I'd worked all day and by the time I got home, there was a boatload of things that needed my attention (including the sink full of dirty dishes I'd come home to -oh joy) before I could start supper. Which meant by the time I was able to start prepping, it was just too late to go ahead with my original plan.

So I did a quick survey of what I had on hand; juicy red and yellow tomatoes on my windowsill, crisp green leaf lettuce, mayo, a pound of bacon and a jar of pickles in my fridge, a loaf of white bread, a loaf of seeded rye and a bag of red, white and blue potato chips (leftover from the 4th of July) sitting on top of my fridge. With the ingredients I had, BLT's were a no brainer as an easy supper for a late summers evening.

IMG_4659.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present, "Plan B". The quick, easy, delicious and much appreciated dinner last night.

Bon Appétit, Life is Good...

0 REPLIES 0