cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say Cheese! How are you celebrating National Cheese Day?

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cheese_Day_2022_IG.jpg

Today is National Cheese Day, for those that celebrate. So whether you like some Parmesan on your pizza, some Swiss on your favorite sandwich, or some Chedddar on a charcuterie board, slice some off and raise a wedge to celebrate all the cheesy goodness. What is YOUR favorite cheese-and how do YOU like to enjoy it?

3 REPLIES 3

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

I like Blue Cheese with a little bit of honey on some sliced sourdough or crackers. Actually I love most types of cheeses in so many different ways. Just thinking about it is making me hungry!

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

Our public library has been hosting cheese tasting classes for several years, with a local cheese person. Two weeks ago we had a class in raclette. Monday I'm going to a class on pairing cheese and mead, doesn't that sound interesting? The last week or so I've been melting kashkaval cheese on slices of rye bread and eating them with salad - a very nice light supper. There are very few cheeses that I don't love, but I would guess that besides kashkaval, I favor blue cheese, goat cheese and manchego.

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

I went to the cheese and mead pairing last night. What fun! Who knew there were so many styles of mead? My favorite cheese of the evening was the robiola cheese, made with both cow and sheep's milk. I'd never tried it before, but really liked it.