Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuffed Mushrooms Fit for a King!

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

IMG_4621.png

I am a foodie.  As in, I love the stuff. To the point where are even those who would suggest that I am, perhaps, possessed by it. And there just might be a tiny bit of truth to that suggestion, because as crazy as it may sound, while I am minding my own business doing all sorts of unrelated tasks, combinations of ingredients frequently fall into my head and I find myself thinking, "Oooh, what if I tried...".

IMG_4615.png

As it happens, I love mushrooms and when I saw those large, fleshy, portobello caps, I stopped in my tracks and thought, "Hmmmm..." feeling the familiar percolation start in my head.  These days I'm on a roasted pepper kick (as evidenced by my roasted pepper post). Add to that shrimp was on sale, I've got butter in my fridge (with plenty of backup in my freezer) and lots of garlic in my pantry.  As the thoughts of these ingredients were sifting through my brain, it occurred to me that if I got some sliced mozzarella or provolone from the deli (I got both), I'd be able to make a meal fit for a king!

IMG_4616.png

IMG_4618.png

IMG_4617.pngIngredients purchased, I embarked on this project, happily slicing, chopping, mincing and sautéing, when it occurred to me that including some shredded parmesan, would add a delicious sharpness, thus giving a wonderful balance to the mix -and so I did.  After combining the ingredients, then assembling all the components, I popped the mushrooms into the oven at 425º and baked them for about 15- 20 minutes, when the mozzarella on top started to brown.

IMG_4622.png

OMGosh were they delicious.  It was late night by the time they were done and because nobody wanted to be weighted down all night, we ate them 'as is' by themselves.  But it occurs to me, that these would make a hearty appetizer or a wonderful light lunch or dinner paired with a crispy green salad and a loaf of crusty bread.  And better yet? Sans that crusty loaf of bread, these babies are also keto -woohoo, how great is that?!

IMG_4624.png

Bon Appétit

0 REPLIES 0