cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I use honey mustard in?

JohnD
Taster
Taster

I have extra honey mustard.  What can I use honey mustard in?

8 REPLIES 8

Dulke
Junior Chef IV
Junior Chef IV

You can use it in this recipe instead of sweet-hot mustard, https://www.food.com/recipe/honey-mustard-chicken-crock-pot-153955 . If you like a little heat, you add some red pepper flakes or a bit of cayenne. 

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hey @JohnD, honey mustard is good on a lot of things -try it with bourbon ham & Swiss (or even gruyere) sandwiches (nice cold, but particularly nice when they're grilled), or try pairing it with maple turkey, cheddar, lettuce & tomato.  I actually prefer it over Russian dressing on a Reuben.  The reason they it works is because the pastrami is very salty and the honey mustard (as well as the Russian for that matter) is sweet so it gives a good balance.   It's also nice as a dip for veggies either by themselves or included in a charcuterie board.  I feel like I'm forgetting a couple of suggestions, but if they come to me in the middle of the night, I'll pass them on!  Good luck and enjoy it!

Oh, I like the suggestion about reubens. I love reubens, but don't want to buy Russian dressing for just one sandwich.

AndrewEatsEverything
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Honey mustard is the 🐐!

Brush it onto a pork tenderloin and roast in the oven! Whisk into dressings... Mix into softened cream cheese and spread on toast... Stir into sauces and soups (particularly with cream bases)!