cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Benefits of Cooking with Cashews

chocolate_rhapsody
Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian
Ambassador [Associate] Registered Dietitian

Cashews are creamy, delicate, and have a bunch of health benefits that make them the perfect addition to any plant-based (or not!) kitchen. 

Cashews contain two bone-loving minerals— about 30% of the magnesium and phosphorous you need in a day. These two minerals are abundantly found in bones and work together with calcium to support the formation of strong and healthy bones. If you lack any of these minerals, you can be at a higher risk for osteoporosis.

About 70% of the fat in cashews is mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, which are known for their heart-protective qualities. Your heart is your most important muscle; so give it some cashew love!

Cashews provide about 6 grams of protein per quarter cup. Protein helps stabilize blood sugars and keep us energized throughout the day, while it supports the immune system, and cellular repair.

Personally I can't get enough of creamy, plant based cashew sauces and this 'Cashew Pumpkin "Alfredo" Linguine' has been one of my favorites lately. Take a peek here: https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/shop/12487

1 REPLY 1

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hmmmmm, think I'm gonna have to give this a whirl, thanks for posting chocolate_rhapsody!