cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your 2023 health and wellness resolutions?

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

veggies.jpg

I can't believe it is actually 2023-perhaps because I spent the last few weeks of 2022 trying to dodge getting sick with no good luck. But the good news is that if you're reading this, you made it to the new year! I'm starting to focus on some health and wellness resolutions for 2023, including ones I can actually stick to for the year. I came across a few helpful articles from CNET and CNN that focused on a variety of topics that resonated with me, including adding enriching foods to your diet, focusing on getting better sleep and enjoying the outdoors and incorporating exercise. What positive habits will YOU be adding in 2023? Write yours in the comments below and we can all help support one another!

16 REPLIES 16

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll kick it off with a few, then likely add a few more later. 1/ Eat more veggies. Over the last year, I've discovered a new fondness for cauliflower and brussels sprouts. I want to find more recipes that incorporate them, as well as try more things to discover new ways to enjoy healthier foods. 2/ Walk more daily and learn to play pickleball. Our pup Louie will appreciate the walks and as a former competitive tennis player with knee issues, pickleball is more my speed. 3/ Sleep more and sleep better. This has been a lifelong challenge, but 2023 will be the year that I focus on sleep and all the benefits that go along with it.

Tell me how do you like your cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts prepared?!   Steamed? Fried -as in blackened w/butter?  Roasted?  Pickled? By themselves?  In combination with other things?  Sauces?  Seasonings?  Purist at heart?

Looking forward to your answers! ❤️

For me, I like both with some spice or blackened, more crispy than soft (it's a texture thing for me). I also prefer them as a healthier appetizer (especially if at a restaurant) or side dish vs mixed in with other things. But I'm super open to all kinds of preparation, with the exception of pickling. A local restaurant does a kung pao cauliflower that I want to try and replicate-if you closed your eyes, you'd think it was protein.

I would love to learn to make cauliflower pizza crust!