Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your children's brain foods?

Megs-n-Cheese
Community Manager
Community Manager

0226sect-a.jpg

As a mom of three, we do what we can to support the brain function, behavior and learning with food. My oldest is in first grade and has ADHD - So learning is a constant battle for him. I really enjoyed recent study that explained certain foods help support kid's focus and sharpness!

1. Super Food Smoothies - They'll never know what you put in it 😉 We do this all the time...and even better, freeze into popsicles. 

2. Homemade Veggie Fries - We lean on zucchini, carrots and green beans regularly, mixing up the spices and seasonings to match our center plate. Don't forget, fries can also be made into hash browns, veggie paddies, noodles...you name it!

3. Homemade Hummus - dips in general! We have most success when we present with various things to dip - a smorgasbord of sorts!

4. Salmon - and fish in general! Constantly making homemade sushi (a lot easier than you think) and the kids love chopsticks.

5. Eggs!

6. Meatballs - a smoothie mentality here...you can hide a bunch!

3 REPLIES 3

Food_Passion
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Great ideas!  I’m going to try these on my husband! 

Megs-n-Cheese
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes! Report back @Food_Passion — I eat what my kids do!

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think this is great guidance for people of all ages-or maybe it simply speaks to my sometimes-childlike dietary interests:-) Anything that we can do to mix in healthy foods is a win!