cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips Needed - Cilantro!

SunnySideSF
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone have tips or tricks on chopping fresh cilantro? For me, it’s just messy, sticks to the board or knife, & doesn’t get very fine.

F3B916FC-1E6A-4670-8EA6-9D9C7906F486.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hey @SunnySideSF, I've got a couple of thoughts for you.

1). Try using a chef's knife when you chop cilantro, it goes a whole lot faster!

2). If you're using it in conjunction with something like garlic, start chopping/mincing the garlic and then add the cilantro.  The garlic is sticky and the cilantro will stick to it as you chop!

Good luck, I hope this helps! ❤️

AndrewEatsEverything
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Best tip I have - for all herbs - is to make sure they're thoroughly dry before chopping. After washing, I gently sandwich them between paper towels to try and get rid of as much excess moisture as possible, then continue blotting/dabbing them until dry. (It's a little extra work but it's worth it!)

Another thing to try is putting your herbs in a tall glass and using a pair of sharp kitchen shears to snip them - this way you can keep your cutting board clean and clear for other uses, plus it keeps the herbs in a handy vessel for their next use!

CapnKidd_on_Cape_Cod
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

I roll my cilantro up in a tight ball or cylinder before I start, then I slice it more than chop.