cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana and bacon are the best toppings on a pizza

BradGagne
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hey everybody! Brad Gagne, DUG Supervisor at 686, Windham NH, and banana bacon pizza evangelist here. Don’t knock it until you try it - it’s superior to a traditional Hawaiian in every metric. Thin sliced banana carmelizes under high heat and doesn’t have the acid that curdles cheese as pineapple does, and bacon surpasses ham across the board in deliverables. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, salty and savory that will absolutely rock your face hole. 

9 REPLIES 9

Almacle
Food Adventurer [Associate]
Food Adventurer [Associate]

Bacon on Pizza? Sure!

But I still really can't get behind putting banana on pizza...

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Ha!  Well, Almacle, I'm willing to give it a go once.  Being from NYC originally, when I spent time in Oregon I was aghast at the thought of "Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza".  But I was a convert once I tried it.  And I happen to LOVE cooked bananas -saute 'em in butter and OMGosh are they good!  I'll let you know when I've had the chance to try it and give you my 'review'.   Is this your brainchild?  And if so, what made you decide to try it?  Enquiring minds want to KNOW!  (Gads how I wish they had emojis on here, I'd post cracking up emojis!)

BradGagne
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Oh, I wish I could take credit for it. Had it a good 25 years ago in South Africa at a regular ol’ pizza place. Not entirely sure if it was local tastes or assuming American tastes, but I’ve been a fan ever since.

Jessa
Food Enthusiast
Food Enthusiast

Where do you draw the line on pizza, Mr. Doug? 

Do you count tomato sauce-less pizza with sliced sundried tomatoes and mozzarella balls melted as pizza? Or is the bacon one your pick out of classic "delivery style," pizzas? Long time pizza enthusiast. Thanks. And welcome to SF!! 

-Jessa