Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooking for one.

Jerry
Taster
Taster

Hello group, 

New to this recently divorced, and retired, cooking for one usually. I have been able to reduce many recipes but making a meal I don't have to eat for days is hard. Would love to find a foodie near by to enjoy cooking, eating and shopping with.

7 REPLIES 7

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the group! There are over 1000+ recipes that can be easily customized to feed any number of people. Let us know if you have any questions!

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hey @Jerry , let me start with Welcome!  Next, where is nearby?  And what about inviting friends for dinner?   Or freezing things either for you for another time, or if someone you know falls ill or is just having a bad time of it?  A gift of home cooking is always a great idea! ❤️

passthesauce
Junior Chef V [Associate]
Junior Chef V [Associate]

Welcome @Jerry !

I find food is such a great way to bring people together. I often have folks over for dinner/lunch/snacks and a board game or walk around the block. 

If you aren't comfortable hosting then consider searching out a neighbor who might like to do a 'Meal Swap' with you once a week! Sometimes it's just nice to eat someone else's cooking every now and then!

Love these ideas @passthesauce,, what a great way for people to connect! ❤️