cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foodie

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Hi, I'm Nancy Carey Johnson, DUG supervisor 1324 VT, part time caterer, cookbook author, mother of four LARGE boys who LOVE to eat and all around foodie!  I love to cook AND bake and I'm pretty excited to share thoughts, ideas, recipes, and stories about food!

2 REPLIES 2

Jessa
Food Enthusiast
Food Enthusiast

@NoshwithNancy wrote:

Hi, I'm Nancy Carey Johnson, DUG supervisor 1324 VT, part time caterer, cookbook author, mother of four LARGE boys who LOVE to eat and all around foodie!  I love to cook AND bake and I'm pretty excited to share thoughts, ideas, recipes, and stories about food!

Welcome to SF, Miss Nancy! 

Where have you been getting catering jobs from online or word of mouth? I also bake. What do you enjoy baking? I am going to make cookies for a late, Christmas in July. Thanks for posting and welcome.

-Jessa at SF

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Gads Jessa, so sorry I didn't see this before!  May I start with thank you for your warm welcome, that's so very nice of you!  As for catering jobs, they've been word of mouth -certainly things have been slow in the last couple of years, but considering all the other things that I've got going on (writing books/cookbooks), that's OK.

In terms of baking?  Yes!!!  I love to bake bread, pastries, cakes, pies, cookies (OMGosh, I LOVE cookies).  I spent an entire weekend with a friend working out a solid cinnamon bun recipe (over a dozen attempts using various flours, rising techniques, sugars, amounts etc. later).  My latest thing is croissants.  I've only given them a go two or three times, but I wasn't really happy with the recipe I started with, so I'll go back to the drawing board when it's a little cooler!)

What kind of cookies are you making for your late Christmas in July?  Be well, have a great night and look forward to hearing from you!

Nancy