cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Everyone!

Tikimom
Food Enthusiast
Food Enthusiast

I grew up in the restaurant business and then went to university as a business major.  Restaurants are hard work and I wanted to go in another direction.  I still love to cook and try new foods.  I just got a griddle and am looking forward to experimenting with that.  I cook six nights a week for my family of 4, which includes my elderly dad who is celiac, so we are gluten free. Looking forward to learning new meal ideas and sharing tips.

I was invited via Shaws, but to complete the signup, it required me to check off that I would be a good employee, so I did.  Full disclosure, I am not an employee and work in healthcare.

Laurie

5 REPLIES 5

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome! I have lots of friends in the restaurant industry and it is really hard work. [And thanks for the disclosure-I think we've fixed the bug!] @AndrewEatsEverything @chocolate_rhapsody and @TheRecipeDoctor and gluten-free favorite recipes come to mind?

AndrewEatsEverything
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Welcome to the community! 

Here's the good news: through our Meal Plans service, you can pick and choose your preferences - including diet restrictions (gluten-free), serving sizes, and even foods that you dislike.

Once you've signed up for your account, simply go here: https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/preferences and sign in. 

Here's the even better news: all of our recipes are nutritious, simple, quick to assemble, and most importantly - delicious.

To get you started, here's a great recipe that can be prepared on a griddle!

Chicken Kebabs with Greek Salad & Tzatziki Sauce 

Happy cooking!

Good information @AndrewEatsEverything! ❤️

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Welcome @Tikimom, the restaurant business certainly is hard work!  What kinds of things (other than GF) does your family like? ❤️