cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello 'Sincerely, Food' community!

Dough_Re_Mi
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

My name is Kim, and I am a Community Ambassador!  I have a SINCERE love for food and the way it brings people together. 

I was raised with the delicious aromas of homemade pasta sauce [or gravy 😉 - whichever name you prefer!] simmering on the stovetop, garlic slightly browning in frying pans, and meatballs/Italian sausage cooking to perfection before everything coming together with a sprinkle of parmesan and Romano cheese and a side of crusty Italian bread.  Some of my earliest childhood memories are going to the family-owned Italian grocery store with my mom to buy ingredients for that evening's dinner, watching her cook everything by memory with no recipe ever needed, and sitting around the kitchen table savoring the nightly homemade dinners with my dad, mom, and two siblings. The one thing those early memories have in common for me is food. The way food melds those experiences together and allows the capability to relive them with one smell, taste, or glimpse of a food is what does it for me EVERY TIME...

And although my mom is the amazing cook of our family, it turns out I am more of a baker! Baking and cake decorating is a true food passion of mine.

Please, tell me, if you wish to share: What brings you here?  Why do you love food?  Is there a specific food category you are passionate about?

It's nice to meet you all!

Sincerely, Dough Re Mi

3 REPLIES 3

passthesauce
Junior Chef V [Associate]
Junior Chef V [Associate]

Hi @Dough_Re_Mi !

Made me hungry just reading about your early experiences with food! 

My journey was a little different in that my mom did the best she could while raising 2 kids, working full time, and going to school to get her CGA designation. She would do a ton of canning and preserving every year with the many things we harvested from our gardens. It was my dad that would cook with us kids and make the most incredible 'empty the fridge' spaghetti sauces.

Then I went into the culinary program in my highschool and did culinary training at the local college and I got to teach my mom all the things I learned. She quickly caught up and is now a gourmet cook in her own right!

I would love to see some photos of your cake decorating - that is something I don't have the patience for!

Cheers!

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community and thank you for being an Ambassador! It's great to see your passion for food and the wonderful memories associated with those experiences. Looking forward to you sharing your baking tips and recipes-as well as your favorite sauces!

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Oh @Dough_Re_Mi, so glad you're here!  I LOVE to both cook and bake -my sister thinks I'm weird because I like to do both, and she says she says other than me, she doesn't know anybody who likes to do both equally, but seriously it's ALL food, so why wouldn't I?

In terms of baking, I love to bake cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, bread (and bread products).  In terms of cooking, well, yes!  I enjoy cake decorating, but really don't indulge in it often because I just have too much on my proverbial plate and I can't do it all.  But I'd LOVE to see some of your work! ❤️