cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to learn new ways to improve basic meals

Cansurvivor
Taster
Taster

Hi everyone, I am someone who loves to bake and learn new twists to improve "tired" meals.   

I'm hoping to learn from many of the inspiring cooks on here, sharing their wonderful dishes and meals to improve the flavors of all my creations. 

Thank you all in advance for what I'm about to learn. 

3 REPLIES 3

NoshwithNancy
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Welcome @Cansurvivor, so glad you're here!  I'm intrigued to learn of some of your 'twists' to improve tried meals, it sounds like you've got a lot to teach others and how great is that?!  ❤️

passthesauce
Junior Chef V [Associate]
Junior Chef V [Associate]

Hi @Cansurvivor!

I hear you on wanting to improve those standards that are in the normal rotation! I will sometimes to spice up a recipe by sending it in a different direction - last night I did a Thai Caesar salad! I added red Thai curry paste to some Caesar dressing, added some 'Thai' veggies to the salad (cucumber, radish), and did coriander croutons. Was an easy way to see a Caesar salad in a new light!

Here's another example of this from the web:

https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/indian-tomato-spinach-soup-blue-cheese-roasted-red-pepper... 

AndrewEatsEverything
Ambassador [Associate]
Ambassador [Associate]

Welcome @Cansurvivor

What are some of your favorite dishes? Would love to hear your thoughts and see if we can help you learn and improve your skills!