cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Made Cook

CocinaConLiza
Taster
Taster

Hi I’m new here, just cooking all day everyday, recently lost my job after an injury. Mommy, Wifey who loves anything food. While I’m in search for my next project set for me, I’ll continue to strengthen my knowledge in the kitchen. I have mixed diets in my family so my cooking ranges from Began/Plant-Based, Vegetarian, Keto, Low Carb, Alkaline amongst a few to list here. Thank you for having me!

@CocinaConLiza 

2 REPLIES 2

SnacksNSneakers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community-and sorry about your recent job loss and injury.  There are a lot of really talented cooks here, so I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the other members. And I'm also sure you have a lot to share. @passthesauce any suggestions for their various diet focus/restrictions?

passthesauce
Junior Chef V [Associate]
Junior Chef V [Associate]

Hello @CocinaConLiza! So great to have you in the community.

Life changes, especially job loss and injury, are always difficult. Food can be a great source of comfort so you are in the right place!

You have a wide range of diets in your house - I can identify with that for sure. At any moment I can have dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, pescatarian, egg-free, and nut free at the dining table all together at my place! It can make cooking a bit harder but also gives that extra sense of challenge and fun!

I will often start with a base meal such as:

https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/turkey-egg-roll-in-bowl-spicy-mayo/8273 

or

https://www.safeway.com/meal-plans-recipes/peanut-tofu-rice-bowl-carrots-broccoli/3452 

Rather than buildding the bowls for people I will serve the components seperate so people can assemble it themselves. Then I will do a plant based protein (or animal based protein depending on the base recipe) and options for any other special diets that can't have elements from the base recipe. Rather than making everything from scratch I will lean on pre-prepped ingredients that I know are safe for people (think coconut aminos for the keto folks, pre-shredded carrots, pre-made sauces etc.).

Do you have any favorite or go-to meals?